Tuesday, February 22, 2011

1/5 - Louder Than Ever


 of the 5 senses this may just be my fave.  music.  laughter.  the sound of the rain on a roof top ( a pnw girl .. you miss it when you leave it) the growl of an engine that belongs to a sweet old car.  the first few times a year that I hear a lawn mower.  the sound of my breathing when i make it over that "hump" and find my pace (isn't that sweet??) these are some of the sounds that bring me joy.  i was thinking about spring coming and soon, i'll be taking my runs out to the streets.  i can't wait to get outdoors and listen to all of the sounds of life, the sounds that remind me that i am a lucky girl b/c i am alive.  b/c i can hear.  and better yet, i'll try to actually listen.  hearing and listening are defined differently ya know!
the cold war kids will be in boise 3.6.11   i can't wait.
i'm a lucky girl.
i love all types of music.  from social distortion (pictured above) or sufjan stevens to the boise philharmonic. music from the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, and so on ..  i'll admit disco is my least favorite.  i dig rap way more than some of that stuff. ha ...  to bands that are just now discovering their own voice, or are making songs in their dorm room on their electronic synthesizer! MGMT
i like all of this stuff b/c if you listen, all great music is about the stuff of life.  some of the big things and all of the little things and it is emotional stuff.  my adrenaline gets pumping, and i feel connected.

so anyway ....


of the 5 senses this may be my fave.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya! But don't forget to SMELL all the fresh spring fragrances in the air when you get back outside to run. And the aroma of wonderful food - that's half the pleasure of eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. notice, the title of this post was " 1/5 " .... I'm not done:)

    ReplyDelete