Sunday, January 16, 2011

....

..... and the weekend comes to an end!

So, how was it?  Did everybody do something fun, or relaxing?  Have any yummy food?

I have made myself this little deal.  All week, I eat really healthy stuff and then comes Saturday and you know what .. I like food and I allow myself to have whatever it is I want on Saturdays.  Now this doesn't mean I go ahead and gorge my face all day, oh no.  I basically allow myself one meal.  Thus far, that one meal has been dinner.  I still eat healthy things for my other meals, which is no big deal because as I've mentioned before, I really truly like just about all foods and so my steel cut oatmeal w/ sliced banana is filling and good in my opinion!!  Just what was my indulgence you ask!  Well, I was out and about watching the playoff game and went ahead and ordered three, yeah that's right three Sierra Nevada's and calamari with a yummy lime aoli sauce.   I loved every minute of it! lol

Sunday a.k.a. "day of rest" .. (where have I heard that before?)  no running, no body pump class and didn't even do my new butt workout I stole from my new love GP's trainer Tracy Anderson.  Instead I watched some "Weeds", took a small nap and made some Baja Shrimp Tacos sans taco shell, replaced with brown rice.  Yum.  Gotta make some quick guac and pico and black beans too and seriously, it was so good and fresh and "Leeg"!!

Quick recipe for ya:  for 2

1 cup brown rice
black beans, throw in a garlic clove and some cilantro and let warm in a small pan

PICO:
quartered grape tomatoes(just eyeball)
1/4 diced white onion
chopped/seeded red chili pepper
cilantro
little fresh squeezed lime juice
dash kosher salt

GUAC:
1 avocado, mashed with a fork
1/4 diced white onion
cilantro
fresh squeezed lime juice
dash kosher salt

clean up raw shrimp
squeeze lime juice
salt and pepper
grill/saute

either use a corn tortilla or for an even more "Leeg"version just get a little pile of the brown rice and pile on the shrimp, beans, pico, and guac and enjoy!!!

The Golden Globes are on.  Of the nominated films, so far I have seen Black Swan(wowza! great) The Fighter(loved it) and Country Strong(ha, duh)  not sure which song was nominated!  I love going to the movies this time of year.  The good ones have finally come out!

Hope you all had a great weekend and if the winter rain and cold starts to get to you, make yourself those Baja Shrimp Tacos and be glad we all have a little more winter to go.  You know before the season of less clothing is upon us!!xoT

2 comments:

  1. yay, thanks for posting those. I want to make them this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound SO tasty! Muy bueno! But no cerveza unless it's Saturday, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete