Sunday, January 9, 2011

" Ay Bay Bay"

Ahhh Sunday.  I did not work out today.  I am letting my muscles relax and enjoying some other forms of escape.  Found a great piece of milk glass today for 5.85 to add to my ever growing collection. And copies of Adventures of  Huck Finn, bc Mark Twain is brilliant and funny, and Valley of the Dolls, just cuz! Listened to a friends stupidly awesome ipod.  Who else has an ipod like this?  So many great songs. I can't think of the names, let alone the artists, of 3 good songs when I sit down to upload tunes on my ipod. So this brings me to the "rappod" I referenced  yesterday.  Did anyone wonder what that meant?  An ipod full of rap you say!  Yes.  I think the name was a dead give away.  But there is a story behind it.  My ipod was left out in the elements, or something so I was told.  Either way it didn't work anymore.  One of my besties works up at Crystal Mnt. and snagged me a new one out of the "been in there forever" lost n found.  I had to charge it before I could find out what was on it, and when I was finally able to turn it on .. the very first song was "
draft



with the exception of a few, the rest of the songs are all pretty similar to the Hurricane Chris jam.  lol  hence, my "rappod".  Anyway ... I don't listen to my ipod to relax ... I listen to others.  Or Pandora.  I heart Pandora.  I also like to look at photography blogs.  I covet this ability!  So if Hurricane Chris isn't how you like to relax on a Sunday either, and you have oh, 5 minutes DO check out the photos of one  Vivian Maier   As some of you may know I have a great appreciation and love for things from an era gone by, so maybe it's because of that love that I have fallen so deeply for the images Miss Vivian was able to capture, or maybe it is that she just snapped pics of regular folks, doing regular things out on the streets in the city my grandmother grew up in! I hope you look, and do enjoy!  xoT

1 comment:

  1. Aye Bay Bay - dis baby dream! I can see how this rap would keep you moving. Whatever it takes. Personally, I like watching the Colbert Report while I'm on the elliptical. Ha - a little different pace.

    ReplyDelete