Monday, January 24, 2011

Hola.  I have not forgotten about you, oh faithful reader(?) ....

I think the last time I posted was a week ago.  Yikes.  I'm not exactly sure what makes a good blog, but a whopping 7 days between posts can't be on the list.  No bueno.

So here are a couple food ideas, yummy ones.

Lunch:

1 whole wheat flat bread
spread with hummus (roasted red pepper flavor is yum)
bean sprouts
mushrooms
red onion
broiled/grilled chick breast if desired
pepper

Yopliat GREEK yogurt  2X the protein, 0 fat

Diet Ginger Ale if water just wont cut it.

mmm

So as I have mentioned before Saturday are my "free eat days" ... and this Saturday dinner was amazing.
I have not had any red meat in some time, but what kind of girl passes up a fresh cut fillet min??  Not this one.  So this is what we had ....

*1.5in fillet, patted dry, rubbed in olive oil, rolled in fresh ground pepper/kosh salt covering all sides.
        heat 2tbls olive oil in pan and sear each side of fillet 1-2 min.
        place a pat of butter on fillet and in the pan, place in a 400* oven.  cook until internal temp is 125ish
          for med rare!
*toss cauliflower in olive oil, minced garlic and red pepper flakes and roast in oven about 30 min.
*heat Tbls olive oil in pan, add red pepper flakes, minced garlic until fragrant, add chopped Kale.
         cook down kale for about 10 min.  add a splash of chicken broth, and spinach and toss!
ADD RED WINE. YES YOU CAN HAVE RED WINE IT'S A SATURDAY REMEMBER!!

had a little dark chocolate gelato for desert.  it was great.

On that note, I'll be starting a 7 day detox of sorts Wed.  Wed is such a weird starting day I think, but here is thing .. I need a juicer and wont be able to make my Super Green Juice, Carrot Beet and Ginger Juice, or my Blueberry Almond Milk smoothies until tomo when I can use a friends juicer.  I've been thinking I need to invest in one of my own.  Have you ever priced a juicer?  Pricey.  I'm thinking about looking on Craigslist to see if I can adopt a "slightly used" or "never been used" juicer.  One that some new year "resolutionist" purchased and then quickly realized they could not, would not use the thing and now are unloading said juicer. Ahhh anyhow ...  I'm gonna use this place as a food journal of sorts.  I've never done a detox before.  Most of them seem so ridiculous to me.  "Nothing but lemon water for 21 days"  Yeah right!  Impossible for this here food consumer.  I like this detox because I can eat on it.  I understand a detox of any kind may not be in the cards for some of you, but I recommend looking here and just checking it out.  I think even incorporating some of the detox into ones regular routine will add so many benefits and cut calories!

Coming later this week:  
detox progress/updates/rants
acupuncture (i heart it)
more healthy yummy concoctions
neo tundra cowboy @ the bouquet (p.s. i know the lead singer, he's rad.)  just listen!!

2 comments:

  1. YIKES!!! I checked out the detox link. Can't say that it sounds that appetizing, but YOU GO GIRL!!! After a week of that diet, those Juicy pants will fall right off your tiny tush! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add that ... mu butt is NOT tiny! The pants are lose though:)


    No Pain, No Gain!

    ReplyDelete