Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Country Strong"

A major part of Legion is diet.  The exercise is important, but to really begin to transform my body I have to watch what I'm putting in it!  I mean I can run 5 miles and depending on my pace only burn 400 calories.  So if I'm just eating any old thing my workout is erased and no change will ever happen.  I'm adjusting to eating mainly.. Protien.  Lots of it.  I want to be healthy first and foremost, and I want to be strong and toned too. Here's a look at what I've basically been eating since ol Leeg started.  I'm lucky b/c I enjoy these foods.  Their flavors agree with my pallet.  Eventually I know I'll begin to grow tired of the same old stuff and will have to bring out the recipes and switch it up a bit.  I also know that to get the look I want will absolutely require a strict dedication to the food choices I make.  As I've said for some time now, life is about trade-offs.  This is one I'm willing to make!

Breakfast:
Kashi Go Lean High Fiber/Protien Cereal with non-fat milk, 1/2 banana sliced and a handful of blueberries
1 slice whole grain/dbl fiber bread with a conservative spread of Nutella and the other 1/2 sliced banana
green tea w/ a bit of honey or 1 cup Starbucks coffee (thanks Jen) w/ a splash non fat milk

H20 H20 H20

Lunch:
marinate 1 chick breast in lowfat balsamic, grill or broil
mostly spinach and some romaine
grated parmesean
baby bellas large slices
1/2 avacado
squeeze fresh lemon juice
drizzle w/ red wine vinegar and balsamic + pepper.
                        ~ OR~
1 slice (aforementioned) whole grain/dbl fiber bread
spoonful nonfat cottage cheese
spincah
avacado
tomatoe
drizzle w light balsamic dressing + pepper

H20 H20 H20

Dinner:
I like to do a simple and so yummy eggplant parm.  For "Leeg" I just leave out the Provolone.

H20 H20 H20

been Snacking on raw almonds, Luna bars, apple or orange to get that sweet tooth and OJ .. calcium/vit d added!!

You know who else eats like this, and I will post more of her stuff ???   GP  I just saw her latest film  Country Strong.  1.  I love music and she did all of her own singing in this movie 2. she is fast approaching 40 and look at her!!  I heart Pandora and I heart  Gwyneth Paltrow. lol

1 comment:

  1. After reading this post, I was at Costco and saw the Kashi cereal, so I bought some. I like it, especially with added bananas or fresh blueberries. Keep sharing the great info.

    ReplyDelete